Treatment for PTSD, pain, panic attack after accident?

hi I am 44yo female- 7 years ago I had a severe near fatal jeep rollover- since then I have suffered ptsd so bad well as lots physical pain as well I have been suffering for at least 6 mo of severe panic attacks.... I have also had my father have a stroke 6 mo ago as well- I take Prozac- what advice to u have
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follow the steps... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for posting. The treatment of Posttraumatic stress disorder is complex. So I think you should follow these steps: - Trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy to identify upsetting thoughts about the traumatic event–particularly thoughts that are distorted and irrational and replacing them with more balanced picture. - Family therapy, to help your familiars understand and communicate better with you. This will help them to support you. - Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing that consist elements of cognitive-behavioral therapy. In these cases Prozac is used. When this medicine doesn't work the other alternative is Sertraline(Zoloft) 25mg 1 pill a day for the first week. The dosage is increased by 25mg the second week, so the second week Zoloft 50mg 1 pill a day is used. In this treatment the most important is finding a therapist for post-traumatic stress disorder. Dr. Behar.
Follow-up: Treatment for PTSD, pain, panic attack after accident? 4 hours later
dr.behar thank you. I admit I was skeptical to use the web site- but being an RN for 18 yrs. u gave me the advice I knew I should do. my only thing is this- I don't know how to find a real doctor here who performs cog,. beh. therapy. I live in Tucson az- but not for long and all my professional contacts are 3000 miles away. I need help bad. why do I have a fear of people and places- I feel suffocated and in a paralyzed state many times like I cant follow through w/ things I have to do - fear of people- when I go and get home from my MD appt. I get physically sick- I am sick of this routine, stressed .....I sit at home and find myself staring at things for many minutes. I mean I feel brain damaged. is this how other people w. ptsd feel????
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Those symptoms are normal for your situation... Detailed Answer: Thank you for writing back. Symptoms you are experiencing are related with Post traumatic stress disorder. These symptoms are manifested to all the patients that have experienced a trauma. In general are the females that feel those symptoms and experience it very bad. I think that Zoloft will relieve your symptoms and your health condition will improve. As for the PTSD therapist I searched on the internet and I found something that maybe will help you. In that website you can find a PTSD therapist near you. Check this website out: WWW.WWWW.WW I hope I helped you. Dr. Behar.