Treated with nebido. Will this have any side effects on foetus in pregnancy?

Hi, I was treated with Nebido for a while without knowing its side effects on sperm count.
My wife went through a IVF process and doctors get through my sperms with an operation to my testicals.
My wife is pregnant know. I wonder if nevido usage has any side effects to the development of the baby.
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 4 hours later

Thanks for your query

Nebido is a medicine containing testosterone as an active ingrediant. Actually nebido has no such documented adverse teratogenic effects on growing fetus.

Fertility studies in rodents and primates have shown that treatment with testosterone can impair fertility by suppressing spermatogenesis in a dose-dependent manner. Furthermore, no embryolethal or teratogenic effects were observed in the offspring of testosterone-treated male rats. Administration of Nebido may cause virilization of female fetuses in certain development stages. However, investigations into the embryotoxic, in particular teratogenic, effects gave no indication that further impairment of organ is to be expected.

Therefore you need not be worried for that.

Hope I have answered your queries. If you have further queries you may write back to me freely. If you dont have you may close the discussion here.

Kindly write a review on my answer.

Dr Arnab Maji