Treated for urinary bladder infection. Protein and blood in urine. Lower abdominal pain. Need to go for ultrasound?

I recently was treated for a bladder infection because I was peeing blood and had a lot of things in my urine, like protein etc. Now I have a pain on my right side that is not going away, and starting to get worse? I don't want to go to the doctor and get an utlrasound if it is going to be nothing, I just want the pain to go away.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 18 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Since you recently had bladder infection along with blood in your urine and are having severe pain in right side of abdomen, it gives a strong suspicion of kidney ailment like kidney stones or kidney infection.

You must consult your doctor for urine microscopy and culture and ultrasound abdomen for the proper diagnosis and treatment URGENTLY.

I hope to have answered your query however I am available for any further query.

Thanks and best of luck.