Treated for sarcoidosis and nasel farren gel cancer. Have Peyronie disease. Cure?

I have peyronie,s disease and was wondering if there is a cure.In 2002 I was treated for sarcoidosis,Then 2008 I was treated for nasel farren gel cancer
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Peyronie's disease refers to curvature of the penis that is worse during erections and is associated with an area of scarring in the penile shaft.

The exact cause is unclear but it may be related to previous trauma to the penis, low levels of vitamin E and the use of certain medications (called beta blockers- these are used for hypertension and heart failure).

If the curve is small, there is minimal pain and it does not interfere with sexual function then most persons would recommend watching and waiting.

If it is severe and causing problems with function then the options are medication or surgery.

In terms of medication: there are different options including Vitamin E, a oral medication called cochicine or potassium aminobenzoate ( this is taken for a few months , sometimes it can cause alot of stomach upset), interferon and verapamil.

Vitamin E and cochicine are sometimes taken together. These medications work in some persons and not in others.

Surgery is suggested after at least one year of trying medication with little response or worsening. This procedure is done by a urologist and may produce a good response.

You may want to consider using the oral medications first , if these are not effective, speak to your doctor about the possibility of surgery.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any options