Treated for psoriasis. Have dry purple skin patches on back. What could this be?

I have dry purple skin patches on my back. Previously diagnosed with psoriasis on my face and scalp. Been treated with ointment which eradicated that problem. Wonder if this is more of the same.
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Psoriasis
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in .
The patches you are describing can be xerotic eczema, psoriasis,pityriasis versicolor etc.
Also I would like to know-
Is there any pain/itching over the area?
Are the areas raised/flat?
Is there any flaking /scaling over the area?

Can you upload the photographs of the affected area. Photographs can help a lot in providing visual clue and pointing the condition.
Upload the photographs and answer the question to help you better.
I will be available for follow up.
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist
Follow-up: Treated for psoriasis. Have dry purple skin patches on back. What could this be? 25 minutes later
The patches itch from time to time but no areas are raised. Occasional flaking. I hv no photos- sorry. There is no sin, just annoyance.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 8 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX,
Thanks for details.
The skin lesions described by you do not appear to be psoriasis.The possibility of pityriasis versicolor or xerotic eczema is more likely.
Apply a good quality moisturizer cream with XXXXXXX butter and white soft paraffin once a day after the bath.Also you can use lamisyl cream once a day.Continue this for 15 days.The condition should resolve by then.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up .