Treated for prostatitis with urinary flow problem. Taking Tamsulosin with no help. Advise?

I am being treated by a Urologist for prostatitis with urinary flow problems. After several weeks of taking one 0.4MG capsule a day of Tamsulosin (the generic for Flomax) with no noticible results my Dr told me to change to two 0.4 capsules a day. He specifically said to take one after breakfast and the other after the evening meal. Everything I read on the Internet says they should both be taken together. Should I change from Dr.s orders? Does it really matter?
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It does not matter

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking.

Tamsulosin Hydrochloride Capsules USP, 0.4 mg once daily is recommended as the dose for the treatment of the signs and symptoms of BPH. It should be administered approximately one-half hour following the same meal each day.

For those patients who fail to respond to the 0.4 mg dose after 2 to 4 weeks of dosing, the dose of Tamsulosin hydrochloride capsules can be increased to 0.8 mg once daily.

Dividing the dose in two equal doses is also acceptable.

You should continue to take the drugs as advised.

Please let me know if you need further information.