Treated for pneumonia. Noticed blood in mucus with sore throat and chest tightness. Any idea?

I had pneumonia about 3 months ago, it got better after a round of clarithromycin, within 2 weeks, I came down with a throat infection and was given amoxicillin which got better after that I got another infection that was diagnosed as bronchitis, i was given azithromycin, a repeat chest x XXXXXXX confirmed that pneumonia was cleared. Then I started wheezing again so went to a pulmonologist and was given methylprodeslone because of inflamed sinuses and post nasal drip. I was fine for about 2 weeks and now I have throat issues, hoarse voice and chest tightness and just saw spots of blood in my mucus twice since today morning, it's a small spot..what should I do, yesterday I had fever took ibuprofen but no fever today
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 56 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I think you are suffering from a lower respiratory tract infection.
Please undergo a chest X XXXXXXX and a sputum examination.
Do regular gargle with a medicated gargle.
Stop smoking and alcohol for the time being.
Consider a pulmonary function test if there is difficulty in breathing.
Consult your pulmonologist if the condition worsens.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Treated for pneumonia. Noticed blood in mucus with sore throat and chest tightness. Any idea? 6 hours later
Dr I don't smoke and I have not had alcohol for over a month, the blood only came about 3 times and nw when I cough it's just whit phlegm....
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
It may be a case of bronchitis.
You should also exclude Tuberculosis by X XXXXXXX and sputum examination.
An antibiotic unfortunately is needed again to start with.
Please consult your doctor for the tests.