Treated for pelvic inflammatory disease, took antibiotic for it. Still hurts below navel around clitoris. Advise?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
hi,i was treated for pid,after i caught an infection swimming in a public pool.a culture and sensitivity test was done and i took antibiotics for it. its been 3 weeks,yet it still hurts just below my navel and around my clitoris.help.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hello
Please have a consultation with your gynecologist again.
Sometimes the infection fails to clear, and at times, it can recur.
It would help me if you provide details of the infection and the reports done, as well as the treatment taken.
Meanwhile, avoid allergic synthetic undergarments.
Avoid prolonged dampness and change undergarments frequently.
Avoid tampons, douches, medicated and perfumed cleansers, tissues, latex condoms etc.
Do not vigorously rub private parts - gently clean with lukewarm water.
Have yourself tested for diabetes and STDs.
Have a urine analysis done, in case there is a urinary tract infection lurking around.

Feel free to discuss further.