Treated for pegaInterferon and ribavirin. Suffering from SVR. Any ayurvedic treatment?

Average

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX
I am a patient of HCV Hepatitis C Genotype 3a. I had a treatment for 68 weeks of PegaInterferon and Ribavirin. During the Treatment the results SVR was undetectable. After I completed 68 weeks, the HCV relapsed after 10 weeks. Does Ayurveda have any treatment.?
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Ayurveda

Answered by Dr. S.K.A.Goliya 10 hours later
Dear,
Thanks for query; sorry for the delay in my response.

You are suffering from HCV & taking Homeo treatment regularly. By Ayurveda, you feel better than before and treatment is available in Ayurveda.

For HCV infection, the following suggestions will help you:

Avoid pickle, spicy and fried food
Take Amla powder 3 gm twice a day with water
Coconut water 50 ml thrice a day is very useful
Avoid excessive intake of caffeine, alcohol, and smoking
Goat milk very useful for this condition
Jimikand, papaya, old rice, wheat, kulathi, amala gives relief
Kutki works as antiviral & antibacterial
Bhuiamla +Punarnava +Makoi + Kutki +Shankh Bhasma combination with mandoor works fast in these cases.

Hope this helps you. Please write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Follow-up: Treated for pegaInterferon and ribavirin. Suffering from SVR. Any ayurvedic treatment? 11 hours later
Thank you for your response. I would appreciate if you could answer the following:

a. Have relapsed patients been successfully treated in Ayurveda ?
b. May we have the names of these Ayurveda combinations in English, since we live in Dubai. Or let me know where can we procure these herbal items in UAE?

Many thanks

Answered by Dr. S.K.A.Goliya 22 hours later
Dear,

Thanks for writing back.

I understand you may have not heard about these, but the aforementioned products are very well known herbal products in India. If you have someone living in India, you can send a print out of this answer; they may post the products to your locality. Alternatively you may be able to get these from any online herbal stores. Google can help in translation too.

To answer your second part of the query relapse, my suggestions are:

Please avoid cold-drinks, curd, rice, pickle,fried and spicy food, urad-rajma (black lentil and kidney beans), brinjal, arbi (taro) kari-pakoda, banana, guava, wine / bear, smoking, paratha, kachodi-pakodi, XXXXXXX chaumin, mammos, pizza-burger etc. A few of these are well known recipes in India; I am not if it's the same there. Instead of these makoi ark with kashni sarbat is very useful, 30ml raddish juice twice a day and powder of (punarnava + makoi + kutki + bhrangraj ) gives relief in this condition.

An ayureda expert near your locality may also help you similar preparations available at your region. Do consider visiting one. Your condition can be treated.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks

Follow-up: Treated for pegaInterferon and ribavirin. Suffering from SVR. Any ayurvedic treatment? 5 hours later
Dear Dr. Goliya,
Thanks for your prompt response. Please let me know what daily regime/dosage of ayurveda medicine or dosage you prescribe.?

Is it possible that we can engage and consult you directly and get the appropriate medicine shipped to Dubai from your clinic?

Kind regards

Answered by Dr. S.K.A.Goliya 16 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Please avoid cold-drinks, curd, rice, pickle,fried and spicy food, urad-rajma (black lentil and kidney beans), brinjal, arbi (taro) kari-pakoda, banana, guava, wine / bear, smoking, paratha, kachodi-pakodi, XXXXXXX chaumin, momos, pizza-burger etc. A few of these are well known recipes in India; I am not sure if it's the same there. Instead of these makoi ark with kashni sarbat is very useful, 30ml raddish juice twice a day and powder of (punarnava + makoi + kutki + bhrangraj ) 3gm twice a day with water gives relief in this condition.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks
Dr. S.K.A.Goliya