Treated for pancreatitis. Had gall bladder removed. Have swollen lymph node. Experiencing nausea and back pain

I have been experiencing intermittent nausea and pain radiating from the left side of my body, approximately level to my sternum. I was treated for pancreatitis before and subsequently had my gall bladder removed. I have NAFLD stage 0. The pain sometimes radiates to my back. I've been putting off a trip to the ER but it is starting to look inevitable. Also have swollen lymph nodes. How urgent is this? I'm rating the pain at about 6 right now. Thanks!
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 29 minutes later

Looks like you have a significant medical history in past.
The pain you describe could be recurrence of pancreatitis or could be just dyspepsia. But weight loss and enlarged lymph nodes is unusual. This needs an quick attention.

Also since your pain is severe, you should go to Emergency room or see a gastroenterologist.

You can try taking over-the-counter medications like paracetamol and omeprazole in the meanwhile to control your symptoms.

Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.