Treated for malignant meningioma. On eptoin and levipil. Is it safe to mix these drugs?

my father has been treated for malignant meningioma from last 7 years and has went through 5 surgeries.He has been taking eptoin and levil together but we have received different opinions that both eptoin and levipil should NOT be used together. Could you tell me whether or not both can be used together
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 2 hours later

Eptoin and levipil are both medications for control of seizures/ convulsions. Generally, one medication is started and if seizures are not controlled with one then another medication is added. Eptoin and levipil can be given together if such situation arises. The two have an additive effect for seizure control. If seizure control is good for say 6 mths- 1 year, then one of them can be slowly reduced and stopped.

Hope that answers your query. If you have more queries, I will be happy to answer.

Good luck.