Treated for helicobacter pylori. Stool test normal. How to cure indigestion problem?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Why is indigestion happening so often on me, they said it's due to stress, but it happens almost everyday even when i'm not feeling stressful. I had helicobacter pylori treatment last month and it's all gone, I also had my stool checked and there's no parasitic infection found. I've been trying to improve my diet since last year but it still doesn't seem to work. This symptom is making my depression worse. What should I do?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in XXXXXXX
If all your lab reports are normal then you have no reason to worry at all.
I would suggest the following protocol
1. Plenty of water at least 2 liters per day.
2. Plenty of natural fiber (arising from green leafy vegetables and fruits)
3. Culture supplements in the form of yoghurts or buttermilk whichever suits your system.
4. Regular exercise in the form of 30-45 minutes of walking .
5. Avoid too much of coffee and fast foods.
6. Vitamin supplements.
7. Yoga or meditation will surely help.
8. Multiple small feeds instead of a big meals.

I am sure this protocol will be useful for you.
I hope this answers your querry.
Follow-up: Treated for helicobacter pylori. Stool test normal. How to cure indigestion problem? 2 days later
Dear doctor,

I also have this feeling of wanting to defecate even though i've been to the toilet in the morning, the faeces doesn't seem to have been cleared from my body. I've been consuming fibre supplement but it doesn't seem to improve my condition. Is this a symptom of IBS? And also, are nausea and burping the symptom's of indigestion? I got these symptoms everyday all the time.
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 7 hours later
Thanks for the feedback.
If all the investigations are normal then these symptoms could herald the onset of irritable bowel syndrome. However the symtoms which you have described do not go in favor of irritable bowel syndrome. There is no specific treatment for this condition. A multipronged approach as I have described in my previous reply is the only way you can expect results. It will certainly take time for normalisation of bowel habits.
Nausea and burping are sypmtoms which are quite non specific. As the gut flora improves these will automatically disaapear.
I hope this answers your doubt.