Treated for dengue fever. What precaution and health measures are required?

My son was affected due to Dengue fever and got recovered last week. he was admitted in Apollo childerns hospital chennai they confirmed dingue positive.

kindly advice about his health measures and thinks to be taken to avoid such issues in future.
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later
The most impotant is the patient to have aggressive and high standard of treatments and nursing cares in well equipped hospital and I am pleased to know your son has had that. The recovery may be slow in some people to get over physical weakness also associated mental depression. Some people
may suffer with pain in joints and bones with decreased pulse rate (Bradycardia) for
a long time. The Dengue fever is spread through mosquito bite therefore I recomend to use Mosquito net in place where mosquitos are predominant.
Your son needs rest and good diet to recover only in few days. Give him variety of fruits and vegetables. There is no restriction. Avoid outside food. Hydration is also important upto 8 to 10 glasses of water.
Kindest regards Dr S.K.Mukherjee