Treated for acquired brain injury after accident. Having pain in sacroiliac joint. Looking for relief

I am a male aged 39. I was struck by a motor vehicle on September the 22nd 1998. I have been treated for the acquired brain injury I have as a result but my spine was never looked at. I have been seeing an osteopath for about the last 10 years but the pain in my sacroiliac joint is now constantly bothersome and I have difficulty finding a mattress I don't wake in the morning with a worse pain due to a lack of support. Which type or style of mattress would be recommended to alleviate this problem?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Sorry to hear about your pain. Have you tried the Tempur Pedic mattress? This might help.

Personally, I have tried their pillows for neck pain and it has helped a lot. I feel they might have good mattresses for back pain too.

Maybe you could visit their shop and try lying on a couple of mattresses , to see which one suits you best.

Plus, you could find out if they have an offer, wherein if you are not satisfied with their product, you can get a money- back guarantee.

In the meantime, while lying on your back try keeping a pillow under your knees . This might reduce the strain on your back.

If you normally lie on your side, sleep with the hips and knees flexed and keep a pillow between your thighs and knees.

You might also want to try XXXXXXX breathing exercises or relaxation techniques to deal with your pain.

I hope I have answered your query. Do get back to me if you need further clarification.

Wishing you a good night sleep free from pain.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan