Treated for UTI. Had unprotected oral sex. Urge to urinate but no urine. What should I do?

Sep 2012

A few weeks ago, i was diagnosed with UTI by a local doctor after i told him that i had white discharge and burning feeling while peeing. He gave me a injection and also precribed a five day course of Zenflox - UTI (Mankind) along with Citrous Soda ... a urinary alkaline antacid. My condition had improved in a week and there was no visible white discharge from my penis nor any burning. It was completely normal.

I had sex with a stranger in the last week. I did use a condom while having sex, but we had unprotected oral sex. Now, I am having a constant urge to urinate. But when i go to urinate, i am not able to pee. I am able to urinate on regular intervals though. There are no visible signs of rash or marks on my penis and surrounding. There is no discharge. I just have this uncomfortable feeling of peeing all the time. Please suggest me what to do.
Posted Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, oral sex is not a natural sex. It is very XXXXXXX when it is done with a stranger. Because the oral hygiene is very much important. It may lead to the urinary tract infection.

So, you have to test your urine.

Take plenty of water.

Then consult with your treating doctor. This time you need more potent antibiotic like ciprofloxacin group of drugs.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.

Follow-up: Treated for UTI. Had unprotected oral sex. Urge to urinate but no urine. What should I do? 25 minutes later
Thanks for your reply.

Do you think there is any possibility of STDs ?
Please do let me know what all tests should i be diagnosing here about my urine. I shall directly go to a dianostic centre and ask them to perform those tests.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 23 minutes later
Thank you for writing back.

As you have used condom, there is less chance of Sexually transmitted disease. But, the organisms responsible for STDs are rarely secreted in saliva. So, chances of STD after having oral sex, is very low.

Now, you have to do routine urine examination only. Just go to any lab to do it.