Treated for H.Pylori. Felt tickling in anus. Is this related to parasite infection?

Oncologist
Question
Hi doctor I asked you question before but I have to tell you some more things to get to the bottom of my problem. Like I said, I was treated for H.Pylori and when I take the three meds for 14 days, on the second day I felt something tickling or squirming in my anus and I am sure it was a worm (Let me tell you what happen to me when I was little boy I was playing around and at one point I felt something in my underwear and when I check to see what it was, it was a worm , it was cylinderical in shape, white in color and a few inches long (I can't tell you how long the worm exactly is but its a good size) and another thing to add for that incident I didn't go to see a doctor (and that was happen to me in my country Ethiopia, East Africa ). And to tell you the truth I think the h pylori antibiotic treatment was not strong enough to take it out .
I have a stabbing pain that starts from my lower(lower belly) to my anus .and you said if my symptom is related to parasite infection my doctor should prescribe Antibiotic ! what kind of Antibiotic ?
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for your follow-up question.

If your doctor suspects that there may be a parasite infection going on the most common medication which is prescribed is mebendazole.

I suggest that you discussed this possibility with him to see if this is his recommendation. There maybe some other explanation for the pain and discomfort what you're having.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert

Follow-up: Treated for H.Pylori. Felt tickling in anus. Is this related to parasite infection? 2 days later
I am sorry doctor for writing so late but the thing is I already have taken mebendazole(vermox) and pyrantel(combantrin) but nothing happened ,the only medicine that shows a little hope was the h pylori 14 day medicine. please help me what I should do next?

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 53 minutes later
Hello again and thank you for your follow-up.

The only way to get a prescription for this would be to see a physician in person. You need to discuss your history in detail. If the doctor thinks it is reasonable he will provide you with a prescription for medication to treat H. pylori.

Depending on the physician who you were see the doctor may require that you have a test which confirms that you have H. pylori. Otherwise there is not much else that can be done.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns.

Dr. Robert

Follow-up: Treated for H.Pylori. Felt tickling in anus. Is this related to parasite infection? 26 minutes later
Hello, I am sorry but I have to ask you this!!
do you think I should do colonoscopy to determine what make my lower belly pain I guess it is in my rectum. and also I have pain on the right side of my ribs the pain resembles like the kind of pain you get after you run for a long distance. Another thing is my stool lab result is negative for parasite, what else test I have to do (or tell the doctor to have me) go through lab test to find the worm. I am guessing I have a single worm and it is not shedding no ova and egg.

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 28 minutes later
Hello again.

I'll colonoscopy is reasonable to try to find out if there's anything else that is contributing to your symptoms.

Other testing might include a stool culture or sending the store to see if there are elevated amounts of white blood cells within the store was well.

I have no other recommendations at this time.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert

Follow-up: Treated for H.Pylori. Felt tickling in anus. Is this related to parasite infection? 1 hour later
Hello.
you said "sending the store to see if there are elevated amount of white blood cells within the store was well " but I don't understand ,what do you mean? and please tell me if i need to do any other procedure done .

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 30 minutes later
Apologize for the typo. Stool. Not store.

Apologies to you!

Dr Robert.