Treated for GERD and gastritis with no relief. Cure for upper abdominal pain, fever, dizziness and nausea?

I have been dealing with a pain in by upper left abdomen for over 2 years. It is worse now than ever. I have been treated for GERD and gastritis with no relief. The treatment helped other symptoms I have had, but not this pain. When I bend over, it feels like something is stabing through my abdomen and it hurts so much. The past week I have been nauseated, felt faint, and had a fever that started out high (103) for one day and has stayed at about 100 for two days. The pain in my abdomen has gotten worse as well. I am so beyond frustrated with this. I had a endoscopy done about two months ago and there was redness and irritation in my airway and stomach, but nothing else. I have also had kind of a pulsating feeling in that spot for a couple of days. Any advice would be so helpful I have been in pain so long
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 25 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

The current problem of fever, pain, nausea, dizziness has many differentials.
Since, endoscopy has ruled out gastric ulcer, left upper abdominal pain with fever can be due to:

Infection / inflammation in the spleen, colon, left kidney, muscles, retroperitoneum, distal pancreas etc.
Uncommonly, left lower lung affections or fluid collections around the heart (pericardial effusion) can cause such symptoms.

I would advise you to get evaluated urgently with a good physical examination, hemogram, urine routine, creatinine, EKG, Xray chest and an abdomino-pelvic sonography.
A CT scan may be advised if felt appropriate on exam.

An abdominal aortic aneurysm may cause pulsation, pain etc., but not fever.
Uncommonly, retroperitoneal tumours, collections may present like this.

Do you have any loose stools?
Is there a lumpy feel in the abdomen?
Is there any breathlessness? Or a catch in the breath?
Is there significant weight loss over 2 years? Any nausea, vomiting?

Since you had this pain for 2 years, there has to be a chronic cause to it.
Do not delay and get evaluated fast.

I would be glad to answer any further queries.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at ( you may upload any reports/ images on this site)
Good Luck! Thank you!!
Follow-up: Treated for GERD and gastritis with no relief. Cure for upper abdominal pain, fever, dizziness and nausea? 15 minutes later
I have had problems with constipation and loose stools if that makes any sense. Nothing seems to help this. When I feel the area that is sore it does seem kind of lumpy to me. The pain is always in this specific spot. I have not lost weight, I have gained. I gain slowly a couple of pounds here and there. I also lift my eleven year old son a lot (he has muscular dystropgy) and that pain is often a lot worse when I have to pick him up
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 9 minutes later
Thanks for the update, XXXXXXX !

Lumpy feel with pain at the same spot for many months and now increasing with fever ask for investigations as I advised above.

Ultrasound and SOS a CT scan may pinpoint the problem. A mass / tumour should also be looked for.

follow my suggestions in the first reply.
Please keep me informed at