Treated for Facet joint syndrome. Suffer pain in lower lumbar region radiating to legs and feet. Guidance?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have been treated, very successfully for "Facet joint syndrome, acute axial-radiculitis and status profusion" until I became a Medicare patient. My Dr. uses the ICD code 724.8 and Medicare apparently does not recognize or accept this code or whatever billing code being used. I am rapidly approaching being wheelchair bound due to pain in my lower lumbar region radiating to my legs and feet (Neuropathy is also apparent due to type 2 diabetes) but the big problem is the back and associated pain. I identified numerous and probably more appropriate ICD codes but I do not know what billing code is being used and rejected by Medicare. Can you advise??? R. Horton
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly ask health related queries only.

Detailed Answer:

Sorry, I am unable to provide you information on ICD code and billing code.

Our service addresses health related queries only.

Your back and associated pain seems to due to nerve compression and lumbar canal stenosis. As you are rapidly approaching to be wheelchair bound, it suggests the severity of canal stenosis. It appears that you need surgical treatment in form of laminectomy and spinal fusion. Both options can result in excellent pain relief. Consult your spinal surgeon for the same.

Hope I have justified your queries. I welcome any clarifications.