Travelling on plane, sneezing, congested with air conditioning, allergy to dust mites

when I travel on a plane, I start sneezing and get very congested with the :air conditioning. I am leaving XXXXXXX tomorrow for San Francisco. What I can do to prevent this? I do not have allergies except mildly to dust mites.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar Kalal 1 hour later

Thanks for your query,

Plane is a site for germ accumulation due to its air conditioning and proximity to other people. Dry mucus of nostrils can also get easily infected by the cold virus.

The best way to avoid nasal congestion is to use normal saline spray two drops each in both nostrils half hour before the flight.Take plenty of fluids in the flight. Avoid excessive caffeine and alcohol. Wash your hands with warm water, soap and use sanitizer every time you go to the lavatory.

Hope I have answered your queries. I would be available if you have any further questions.