Travel related nausea, vomits on drinking liquids. Treatment for nausea?

my child recently started feeling nautia when we were travelling by bus. She is 5yrs old now, and this problem started very recently. Could you please tell me what to do when we have long bus journey????? We have one 5 hrs long bus journey during the new year holiday.......... If she drank any liquid before journey, she vomitted within half- an hour of journey started. So, I stopped her giving liquid before long journey.............but still she has nautia.............
please tell me solution
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 17 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.

Your child is experiencing nausea while travelling by bus i.e Motion Sickness.

Do not give her anything to eat 2 hrs before journey and during the journey, you can giver her sips of water that is not a problem.

You can give her tablet Dramamine. Children above 2 yrs can take this tablet. She can take this medication (1 tablet) by mouth, with or without food, 30 minutes to 1 hour before starting activity such as travel. The chewable tablets should be chewed thoroughly before being swallowed. You can get this drug prescribed by your doctor.

Dramamine is used to prevent and treat nausea, vomiting, and dizziness caused by motion sickness. It is most effective when taken to prevent motion sickness rather than waiting to treat symptoms that have already started.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.