Transverse lie with ROA in the scan in pregnancy, mild hydramnios. Can the baby change positions?

I am 34 wks 4 days pregnant. As per my last scan, the baby is in Transverse Lie with ROA. The scan also mentioned mild hydramnios.
Does this necessarily mean a C-Section or can the baby still change positions?
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 45 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us

In Primigravida baby usually gets fixed at 36 weeks but in multigravida it can remain floating till the first stage of labour.

Hydramnios causes much concern and the cause is to be ruled out.

Sometimes it is seen without any cause and the foetus is absolutely fine

So it is better to wait till 36 weeks then only we can decide whether you are going to have a c-section or normal vaginal delivery

I hope you got your fasting and PP blood sugar test done to rule out gestational diabetes and level two ultrasound to rule out any anomaly

Best wishes for both of you