Traces of Albumin in urine during pregnancy. History of miscarriage. Is it risky?

Question
As per my reports of Urine sample Albumin is traced & i am 15 weeks pregnant
is it risky?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Follow-up: Traces of Albumin in urine during pregnancy. History of miscarriage. Is it risky? 12 minutes later
I have abortion after 24 weeks pregnancy on 4th apr. 2010 but haven't come to know the reason of misscarriage & now i am 15 weeks pregnant but this time albumin is traced in my urine, please tell me is this is the reason of abortion during last time???
Is there any risk of misscarriage this time also??? i am so much worried.....

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 15 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you get headache?
2.) Do you pass urine frequently?
3.) Do you get fever?

Your history suggests you have Proteinuria and there are various causes for this, like stress, fever, infection and increased blood pressure in pregnancy (Pre-Eclampsia). If traces of albumin has been found in urine, it means, it is less than 150mg/24 hours.

Protein in urine can be temporary, so your doctor may recommend a repeat test first thing in the morning or a few days later. Kindly go to your doctor for regular follow up and get your urine and Blood Pressure tested regularly.

The current albumin level is unlikely to cause a miscarriage now. However this needs to be followed up with your gynecologist.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health, Eventless and Healthy Pregnancy.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Traces of Albumin in urine during pregnancy. History of miscarriage. Is it risky? 101 days later
Dear Sir,

We have again got miscarriage second time on 16th XXXXXXX but couldn't know the reason of it,

Please reply why it is happening again & again after same weeks (Both misscarriage happened in 7th month of Pregnancy)

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 53 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back to me.

You have a History of Recurrent Miscarriages which is of serious concern. There are various causes to it like, Uncontrolled Diabetes, Infections (TORCH), Thyroid disease, Hormonal problems, Uterine or cervix problems. You are at risk of having a miscarriage if you have had it previously.

Therefore you require a thorough evaluation by a competent Gynecologist who will do a Pelvic Examination and suggest a battery of blood tests to detect antibodies such as Antiphospholipid antibodies, karyotyping to test your blood for parental chromosome abnormalities which increase the risk of Miscarriages. Once this is done, the probable cause can be excluded and your next pregnancy can be monitored accordingly.

I propose you to visit a Gynecologist, and get yourself examined and get your blood tested for various parameters mentioned above.

Hope this answers your query, Please accept my answer if you have no follow-up queries.

Good Luck and Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.