Ask a Urologist   »  

Trace of blood found in urine. What treatment should be done?

Question
trace of blood and leucocytes
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

I was waiting all this time whether you would add more details to this short query.

Where did you find the trace of blood in the leucocytes, urine or stool? Please reply.

Most often the physicians would like to know the symptoms than the lab report. So please expand your problem so that we can have a good discussion here.

Waiting for your complete query.

Follow-up: Trace of blood found in urine. What treatment should be done? 24 hours later
thanmk you for your reply the trace of blood was found in the urine

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Ok, traces of the blood in the urine is something not always worrisome. At this age there is dryness of the vaginal wall and the moisture in the urethra is lost leading to frequent breaking of minute blood vessel capillaries. So we expect these capillaries to break and leave traces of blood in the urine.

What is your doctor's opinion?

I am not worried unless there is any injury / trauma due to scratching of urethra. Do you have pain and fever or frequent illness? You can repeat the urine test and check if you find them again.

Please give me any more details.

Follow-up: Trace of blood found in urine. What treatment should be done? 2 hours later
have an appointm,ent with my dr. when he comes back from holiday as he wrote and requested. Many thanks for your help

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 hours later
Welcome. Please use any answer clarification in future through this platform.

Thanks. Please close the discussion and rate my answer.