Touched mouth with finger while talking. Get OCD? Worried?

Excellent

Diabetologist
Question
My Cowrker was Messing around with me and he touched my mouth with his finger a few times as a freaking joke and they know i get ocd with it due to Dieases he said a few tew time that hes safe. Now Should i worry i did not see any lesions or wounds to his finger at all
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:

This form of contact may cause contagious diseases like viral and bacterial infection if the person is suffering from it.

If the person is free from such infection and contaminants then no need to worry about it.

In situations like this you host immunity will help in prevent infection in most of the people except immunocompromised persons.

Tell him not to do it in the future because it is an unhealthy practice.

No need to worry.

Hope the answer helps you.

Follow-up: Touched mouth with finger while talking. Get OCD? Worried? 1 hour later
thanks

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome...

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome...

Good luck!!

Follow-up: Touched mouth with finger while talking. Get OCD? Worried? 5 hours later
im getting like a burning sensation on my tounge and the chill what do you think its from? And my armpits they begin to itch sometimes not always?

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glossitis may be

Detailed Answer:

It the tongue is reddish then it may be Glossitis.(Inflammation of the tongue). Mostly it happens due to vitamin deficiencies; mainly vitamin B.

I don't see any relation to that episode.

Take vitamin supplement and see if it improves. In addition since anxiety can contribute to sensory complaints, it is important that you are reassured. Stay relaxed.

Occasional itching of the armpit may be due to sweat and moisture. Good personal hygiene will take care of it.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Touched mouth with finger while talking. Get OCD? Worried? 11 hours later
how about my sides of my neck i went to PT and i get pins and needles apparently theres a small know in that area can i get pins and needles like that

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Like tingling and numbness.

Detailed Answer:

If tingling and numbness are there which are not severe and presents occasionally then I wouldn't be concerned. But if it is intense then I would suggest you to be evaluated for neuropathy. Your treating doctor will know about this.

In all probabilities, all your symptoms including the current pins and needles are not related to that incident.

Hope this helps.

Regards..

Once in a while i feel like it like a sting pain tinglings that has nothing to do with the Neck?

if you think its not it what do you think it is thanks and my arms feel weak as well

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neuropathy.

Detailed Answer:

The most common cause of tingling pain is neuropathy and Vitamin deficiency.

Vitamin B12 supplement and Gabapentin will be helpful.

Hope it helps you.

Regards..

Follow-up: Touched mouth with finger while talking. Get OCD? Worried? 9 hours later
the tingling can go throught out my body

Brief Answer:
Yes, that can happen...

Detailed Answer:

If a peripheral nerve is involved then the tingling will be felt locally. But if the neuropathy is due to any systemic diseases then if it is felt diffusely all over the body. Hence I would recommend you to see your doctor and plan necessary test to exclude the aforementioned conditions.

Hope this answer helps.

Regards.

Follow-up: Touched mouth with finger while talking. Get OCD? Worried? 42 minutes later
HIV??? I dont have any diease I think i strained my neck and its affecting my whole body

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cervical problem are usually localized.

Detailed Answer:

I apologize if my previous answer was not clear.

Neck muscle strain causes dull aching pain at the neck. Tingling associated with cervical (neck) problem is limited to upper limbs (hands and fingers). Once in a while the tingles can go down the spine. But if the tingles are widely spread over the entire body, I would like to rule out vitamin deficiency first.

The tingles are definitely not related to HIV or the incident with your coworker.

Besides physiotherapy you can also try rest, muscle relaxant and neck muscle exercise to relieve pain. MRI of cervical spine is in order if neck pain (knot) or upper limb tingles doesn't improve with this treatment.

Follow the above advice for a week and let he know whether your symptoms improve.

I hope it is clear now. Do write back if you need more clarifications.

Best of luck.

Follow-up: Touched mouth with finger while talking. Get OCD? Worried? 7 hours later
if its the entire body what coul it be the tickling. I do get tired at times not always I do get a cold sensation on both of my extrmemties legs mainly?

Brief Answer:
Right time for investigation.

Detailed Answer:

This is the right time to investigate and rule out involvement of spinal nerve roots.

MRI of the spine will help to arrive at a diagnosis.

Let me know what is Tickling.

By our conversations I strongly believe it is the spinal compression.

Consult a neurologist and let me know the future actions.

Regards..

Follow-up: Touched mouth with finger while talking. Get OCD? Worried? 10 hours later
how did i get a spinal compression

Brief Answer:
Neck muscles strain.

Detailed Answer:

Spinal compression is a diagnosis arrived only after a thorough clinical examination. It is extremely difficult to differentiate neck pain from muscle strain from a cervical spine root compression. It is worthwhile to consult a neurologist for detailed examination. MRI scan might be needed after the initial assessment to confirm spinal compression.

Follow-up: Touched mouth with finger while talking. Get OCD? Worried? 27 minutes later
If I dont take care of it what can happen? am i getting charged for these questiions

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain in the area of compression.

Detailed Answer:

If not intervened early the the nerve compression may cause

pain in the area of compression like the neck and back.
Radicular pain(Radiating pain)
Tingling and numbness.
Burning sensation like pins and needles.
Weakness and muscle wasting.
Worsening of symptoms with certain movement like turning of the head.

You may be charge for this question. Please confirm it with the XXXXXXX team.

Hope the answer helps you.

Regards.