Total lack of libido, cannot sustain erection even with cialis. How can I help myself?

Sexologist
Question
I am a 33 year old male with no history of health problems. However I have had problems with libido or total lack of libido. I'm with a woman that I love very much but I find that I cannot sustain an erection EVEN with cialis (which was perscribed to me by my doctor in the last city I lived in - recently moved).

Please Help!
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 7 hours later
Hello.

Lack of libido can be due to several reasons. Psychological or/and hormonal may be the common reason for Lack of libido. Erectile dysfunction is also may be due to psychological or organogenic causes.

You need to be evaluated further to understand the cause for lack of libido. It is better to check Serum Testosterone to rule out hormonal cause of Loss of Libido.

I would like to know certain things before reaching a solution for your problem.

1. Since how long you are feeling loss of libido?
2. How frequently you involve in intercourse?
3. Do you practice masturbation? if so, will you get proper erections?
4. Are you getting good erection in the morning?
5. How much time you are able to sustain an erection?

I am awaiting for your response to provide you specific suggestions.

Regards.

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY
Consultant in Reproductive and Sexual Medicine.

Follow-up: Total lack of libido, cannot sustain erection even with cialis. How can I help myself? 9 hours later
Thank you for answering. I did have a testostorone test completed 6 months ago and it showed that my levels were within normal range.

It's been years. Probably since the age of 25.

I've been trying for a while now with my long term girlfriend and I can obtain an erection but then when it comes to penetration, I immediately go flaccid but know that I'm not feeling turned on, and not just then but at any time. I know I like women and am heterosexual.

I was practicing it prior to us moving in together, she had a long distance job and now since we've moved in, she has a really high sex drive and so I haven't had time to masterbate as she wants to try to have sex any chance we get, although I have my problem every single time so it's causing quite a strain on the relationship. When I masterbate, I DO get proper erections but I'm focused directly on the computer screen in front of me.

Some mornings. I find if i'm feeling worried or anxious about things going on in life, I won't get them.

When i'm alone, I can sustain it for quite a while, an hour or so. If with the girlfriend in the shower, it's fine, when in bed though? 10 minutes or so then it goes flaccid.

I'm ON cialis too as my previous doctor perscribed it for E.D. though think it's a loss of libido and lust for life.

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 6 hours later
Dear,

From your response I could find out that

1. You are able to get good erections and you are able to maintain erections well while masturbation

2. You are unable to maintain good erections attempting for intercourse.

Hence you are NOT suffering from Organogenic cause of erectile dysfunction. You are suffering from Pyschogenic cause for erectile dysfunction.

ie Your performance anxiety becomes a barrier in getting proper erection with your partner.

Since male Sexuality is predominantly pyschological, that means for having a satisfactory intercourse, you have to get rid of performance anxiety and your mind should be completely with her while you both are together.

The loss of libido may be due to the loss of confidence because of continuous failures you experienced.

Cialis is a medicine which helps you to get good erection when you are "mood". If you are too stressed, you cannot come into "mood". Hence Cialis may not be acting if you are too stresssed.

The Solution for your problem is Sex Counseling / Sex Therapy.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you no further queries.

Wishing you good life.

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY