Total knee replacement done. Experiencing pain when lifting. Concerned

I had a tkr 17 weeks ago. I have a terrible pain when lifting
From a chairing l it is a stabbing pain most other pain is manageable. I will have a second tkr in 5weeks and I am concerned about my ability to lift out of a chair
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi,Thanks for writing in.The tkr itself is a major surgery and pain control is vital part in post surgical period.Pain may be due to problem with the fitting of implant or there may a smouldering infection going on or there may be insufficient analgesia.As pain at 17 weeks should have some cause.Please review with a local Orthopedician to pin point the cause and to focus on the particular.As such there is no reason that should prevent you from tkr to another knee.But you may delay it till you get relief of the current pain.Hope the advise would be helpful for you.