Total hysterectomy, 12 years ago, left sided lower abdominal pain. Treatment ?

i had a total hysterectomy over 12 years ago.. i have left sided lower adominal pain that is really painful.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Having left sided lower abdominal pain 12 years after hysterectomy is not likely to be related to the surgery you had such a long time ago. I would like to have some more information regarding your problem to give you an informed opinion.
1. Do you have this pain constantly at all the times or it comes and goes?
2. Any relation to food intake or passage of urine?
3. Is the pain colicky?
4.Is the pain so severe as to initiate vomiting?
5. Can you pinpoint the origin of pain with your one finger? Please try to describe the point of maximum pain.
6. Any history of constipation?
Meanwhile for pain do a hot fomentation and take light easy to digest oil free food.
Awaiting an early response.
I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.