Ask a Urologist   »  

Torn frenulum, painful, lymph nodes in groin growing, painful and tender. What is it from?

Urologist
Question
ripped fenulum bravehello,

I was showering and cleaning my uncircumcised penis when I pulled the skin down too hard and started to hurt a lot. very stingy and feels like stabbing.

no blood or anything, but when water touches it it hurts a lot and it stings. makes it very hard to clean and it stings a lot when I pee.

after a few days my lymph nodes in my groin started growing and are.enlarged now and it is a bit painful and tender.

what.is it.from, n what should I do to fix?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later
Dear,

Your initial symptoms suggest that you had a tight frenulum and it got torn when it was pulled back. Subsequently it has got infected and hence the enlarged lymph nodes.

It is very important that you should see an urologist; get the local area cleaned; start yourself on antibiotics and once infection has been controlled then undergo frenuloplasty for the frenulum.

I will also be interested to know whether you are sexually active and had any unprotected sex recently.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Torn frenulum, painful, lymph nodes in groin growing, painful and tender. What is it from? 13 hours later
yes I am sexually active and did have unprotected sex a day or two before, which made the top of my head a little sore.

anything I can do at home to help it?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later
Dear,

In all probablity you have bruised your frenulum amd it has got infected. I shall be great if you could pull the skin back, apply some over the counter antibiotic cream and then see urologist at later date for frenuloplasty (frenulum lengthening).

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Torn frenulum, painful, lymph nodes in groin growing, painful and tender. What is it from? 14 hours later
what type of cream shoukd I get? how long until it can heal?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later
Dear,

Thank you for the follow-up.

You can apply an antibiotic cream like mupirocin or iodine. You can get these from your pharmacist without a prescription.

Hope I have been able to help you deal with your problem better. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Torn frenulum, painful, lymph nodes in groin growing, painful and tender. What is it from? 8 hours later
thank you, just quickly... how long until this can heal? and would salt water from an ocean irritate it, or no?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 27 minutes later
Dear,

It shall take 4-5 days to heal and yes, salt water shall irritate it, so it is better to keep off it, till it heals.