Ask a Urologist   »  

Tore foreskin while having sex. Should I use fucidin ointment?

Tore my foreskin while having sex last night. Should I use fucidin ointment ?
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fucidin cream should help.

Detailed Answer:
It seems you developed a frictional injury of foreskin.
To treat the same
1) clean the area with XXXXXXX warm saline water
2) Apply a mild steroid antibiotic cream like fusidic acid beclomethasone combination
3) Avoid physical intimacy to prevent further injury till lesions heal
4) If the area is swollen or painful take tablet ibuprofen
5) usually it should heal in few days if no response is seen take an antibiotic like amoxyclav.

Also rule out possibility of candidal infection of foreskin as it too may lead to fissuring of the affected area.

Hope that helped.
Follow-up: Tore foreskin while having sex. Should I use fucidin ointment? 4 minutes later
It's a small cut not too big.. How long do you think it will take to heal ? And it's the frenulum that has snapped.. Also how often should I apply the ointment ?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Recovery time is usually a week to two week.

Detailed Answer:
If its a small tear, cleaning the area with lukewarm water followed by application of fusidic acid thrice in a day over affected area is enough. It should heal in a week to a maximum in two weeks. As I said avoid contact till then. If there is persistent bleed or if the tear does not seem to heal, please do XXXXXXX a doctor nearby.

As its the frenulum that's involved, so its a tear only. Fungal infection is ruled out.