Torch panel test done after abortion. Found positive HSV 2 igg, negative igm. What to do next?

Hi doctor ,

My wife four months before got aborted. The doctor advised to my wife to do Torch Panel Test. we did the Torch Test. Rubella, CMV, HSV 1 and HSV 2 igg is positive and igm is whether we will start for pregnency. or we need to go any other further treatment.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I went through the history that you mentioned and also the reports that you have attached.
Herpes 1 and 2 IGG is positive and CMV infection is also positive.
The above infections might have contributed to the abortion. I would recommend you to first get yourself treated before you can plan for pregnancy. There is high chance of abortion if you try pregnancy right now. Secondly even if pregnancy stays there will be a risk of the child having mental retardation, which will be very bad.
Treat yourself first and pregnancy can still wait.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.