Tooth sensitivity and red bumps on tongue after taking cyclonenzaprine. Whats wrong?

I take cyclonenzaprine 10mg twice a day. I developed red bumps on the back of my tongue and tooth sensetivity. No matter what I eat it causes my mouth to feel like it's on fire. Effect is similar to eating chilly peppers. What happening to me?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Increased sensitivity of your tongue with the background of multiple therapies and drugs and your intestinal history makes me think if you have a deficiency of B vitamin group. Especially riboflavins.

If so, you would need supplements and lots of greens. If this does not work for a fortnight of high XXXXXXX diet, then an examination is needed to ascertain further causes. The lesions on the tongue would help to diagnose something by your doctor.

Red bumps lesions too are a feature of inflammation of the taste buds due to the underlying deficiencies. And sensitivity might have been added on by Vitamin C.

Apart from these most common causes, you might need a doctor's review to rule other causes that I might have missed just reading your case in here without a clinical examination.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.