Ask a Dentist   »  

Tooth infection, pus, inflammation. Advised to immediately remove teeth

I am suffering from severe tooth infection with pus inflamation.It is happening in the left side of face.Here doctor advised me to remove the teeth imedietally
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 27 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

You can get a xray of tooth done, this will give you idea about extent of tooth involvement.This will help you decide if tooth is needed to be extracted or not.

Generally when infection involves tooth root,gum and surrounding soft tissue then doctor is likely to advise tooth extraction.

Hope this answers your question.