Tooth infected with cavity and having slight pain. Could I ask a doctor?

Mar 2016

Hi Doctor, I realised slight pain in my tooth 2-3 weeks back. soon within 2 weeks two other tooth on other side got infected with cavity. will go to dentist in couple if days but how do I really stop spreading the same. I started using mouth wash daily.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. According to your information, toothache (pain in tooth) and cavity formation occur due to bacterial infection which spreads to adjacent tooth also. Good oral health care is most important during pregnancy period. Regular dental cleaning and periodic check ups are must to avoid oral infections that can affect the fetus, such as gingivitis and periodontal disease. 2nd trimester is the best time for treatment to minimize dental infection. You must consult with DENTIST for proper guidance regarding this. 1) Safe antibiotic like combined Ampicillin & Cloxacillin (AMPILOX) or Amoxicillin & clavulanic acid (CLAVAM) thrice daily can be given to reduce the spreading of infection. 2) Regular mouth wash with CHLORHEXIDINE (anti-plaque fluoride based) 2 to 3 times is mandatory for maintaining oral & dental hygiene. PREVENTION : 1) Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss daily after meals when possible. 2) During morning sickness or vomiting, you must rinse your mouth with water, brush without toothpaste and after that anti-plaque fluoride mouthwash. 3) Take well-balanced diet with plenty of vitamin C and B12. Drink more water or juice for better circulation. Hope, I have clarified all things and guided you properly. Let me know if you need any clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW