Tooth extraction done. Having breathing difficulty, cough and severe pain in forehead. Remedy?

Jan 2013

Hi been having problems since having 5 of my back teeth out, severe pain in forehead cheeks jaw, struggling with breathing, constant catarrh going down back of my throat, chesty cough and felt as if I was going to pass out on a couple of occasions really frightened feel as if I'm going to die. I also have had bad pain in legs for past 2 days, feel as if my chest is going to collapse please help me.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 26 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available described symptomatology, there appears to possibility of acute bacterial sinusitis with involvement of lower respiratory tract.
Presence of forehead pain, cheeks and constant catarrh going down (called as postnasal drip) suggests the diagnosis.
Difficulty in breathing, cough suggest involvement of lower respiratory tract (lungs and inflammation of pleura).
Untreated infection may spread and could be XXXXXXX

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ chest physician & ENT surgeon simultaneously and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for x XXXXXXX PNS and chest on preliminary basis.
You should also go for complete hemogram, erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and throat swab culture & sensitivity.
You should take complete antibiotic course, decongestants, mucolytics and broncodilators.
You should perform gargle three times in day with lukewarm water and a pinch of salt.
You should also perform hot steam inhalation.
Avoid cold drinks, sour and oily foods.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Tooth extraction done. Having breathing difficulty, cough and severe pain in forehead. Remedy? 17 minutes later
Been telling doctors for months and gone to a and e nobody will check it cause of my anxiety and now your telling me it's XXXXXXX I'm do scared don't know who will help me now, just had x XXXXXXX this week waiting for results, what can I do to get help please help me I've begged everyone.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 5 minutes later
Increased respiratory tract secretion along with pain indicates some sort of inflammation and it can't be related to anxiety.
You should also go for x XXXXXXX PNS to rule out sinusitis.
If you will take treatment at right time then it won't be harmful.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Tooth extraction done. Having breathing difficulty, cough and severe pain in forehead. Remedy? 44 minutes later
Taken a course of eurythmycin but still coughing up yellow phlegm, what is a pns ? Been using crystals to steam hot water bottles on chest and back, just feel so bad, just thinking means I ain't heard about X-ray it might not be as bad, but since putting hot water bottle on back of neck both sides of neck is hurting me now fell as if there is something in neck, could this be that something is draining. Sorry for all questions just do scared I'm going to die.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 9 minutes later
PNS means Paranasal sinus.
These are hollow spaces present in skull bone and a common place for infection.
You may get some relief after putting hot bottle on chest and back but yet you should go for x XXXXXXX for better clarification.
Throat discomfort may be due to sore throat and enlarged tonsils caused by persistent infection.
Take care,
With wishes of speedy recovery.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava