Took unwanted kit. Got period and missed for next month. Any complication?

have taken unwanted kit last month & got me period on 20th Feb, but this month have still not got my period. will this kid affect my monthly period cycle
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 2 hours later

If you have used the kit on your own, you should see a gynecologist now to check whether the abortion is complete or not. Use of the kit should be done under the surveillance of a specialist. The kit is not advisable as a contraceptive as it has side effects that are not palatable.

Return of menstruation occurs one month after stoppage of the bleeding after using the kit. If you have not got a period yet in this month, you should test for pregnancy with a fresh early morning sample or go for a blood test and a trans-vaginal sonogram. Please remember, periods can get disturbed as the normal rhythm is disturbed by the medication.

Abstinence is advised for at least 3-4 weeks after using the kit. If you have not followed that precaution, you may as well suspect pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. If you need further clarifications,please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.