Took unwanted Kit to terminate a 34 days pregnancy. Bleeding started for 17 days. Should I be concerned?

May 2013
Hi. My wife took Unwanted Kit(Mankind) recently to terminate a 34 days pregnancy. After taking the medicine the bleeding happened for 17 days. After that she has not got her periods. Her last period was on 25th August(after taking the medicine). And the bleeding stopped on 10th Sep. Usually she has a 30 days cycle. I want to know when should be approximately she should be getting her next periods. Is there any reason to worry over here. She is also planning to put a Copper T.
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 24 minutes later

Usually after taking the pills for abortion the active bleeding and expulsion of the products will complete by around 48 hours.
Some amount of spotting can be seen till one week.
Prolonged bleeding indicates the possibility of retained products of conception.
Anyhow as bleeding stopped now, at present there may not any retained products.
After abortion it will take sometime for regrowth of the endometrial layer.
And the time of onset of ovulation and menstruation depends on the gestational age at which abortion occurred and the HCG levels at that time.
You can wait till October 10th, possibly by that time she can get periods.
After starting periods she can go for Copper T.
As we cannot predict the time of ovulation in this period better to use some other contraceptive method till staring Copper T.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.