Took unwanted 72 after unprotected sex. What are the chances of getting pregnant?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2012
Sep 2012

Question
hi me n bf had sex but condom got torn in between . he discharge in me only once after that i washed my vagina immediatly n took unwanted 72 within an hour . my period started on 11 april , ends on 15 april . we had sex on 19 april night . will i get pregnant ? how can i avoid it now if i got pregnancy chances ?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 48 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your period started on 11th April. That means you were within 10 days after period. We clinically take 10 to 20 days as fertile period. So, on basis of this theory, there is low chance of pregnancy.

Moreover you have taken unwanted 72 within few hours. It will lower chance of getting pregnant significantly.

So, do not worry. There is very low chance of pregnancy.

You have nothing to do right now to prevent pregnancy. Just wait for your regular period. If you miss that you have to do a home pregnancy test on or after that day of missed period. The next line of management will be determined thereafter.

Lastly, do not worry. Just hope for the best.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow-up: Took unwanted 72 after unprotected sex. What are the chances of getting pregnant? 7 minutes later
is this means im not 100 % safe right now ??i got my period started on 11 april evening time . n i had sex 19 april night . there are very less chances i guess ? unwanted 72 is 100 % fruitfull ? is work for sure 100% ??

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 8 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, it is difficult to say that the unwanted 72 will be 100% fruitful. Because, contraception failure may occur in few number of cases. SO, this guarantee cannot be given.

So, you are not at all 100% safe right now.

Chances are very low, but present.

The unwanted 72 has more than 95% efficacy. But, it does not have 100% efficacy.

Hope you have your answers.

Regards.

Follow-up: Took unwanted 72 after unprotected sex. What are the chances of getting pregnant? 22 minutes later
just one thing i wanna know is tht as my bf came in me just once in second round n just after intercourse i stand up when i gotta knw tht he came inside me only n washed my vagina at time only . will this thing also reduce the chances to get prgnant ??

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 43 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, standing up right after intercourse and washing your genital part does not add any advantage.

Because, only one sperm is enough for pregnancy.

So, those things do not reduce the chances of pregnancy.

Hope you have your answer.

Regards.