Took unwanted 72 after having unprotected sex. what are my chances of getting pregnant?

May 2013
Hi I had my periods on 14 oct. my cycle is generally for 4 days, with slight spotting till 5th day. I had unprotected sex on 27 oct. had unwanted 72 within 14 hours. What are the chances of success rate of unwanted 72? Can I get pregnant?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
High success rate when taken within 24 hours

Detailed Answer:
According to your last menstrual period, you had intercourse around the time of ovulation (in case of regular 28 to 30 days cycles).
But as you took the emergency pill within advised time, possibly that can give protection from pregnancy.
The success rate of emergency pill varies from 90 to 70%. On average it is around 83%.
If you took the pill within 24 hours of the act, the success rate is more.
With delay in time, the success rate decreases.
So as you took the pill within 14 hours of the act, the possibility of pregnancy is very less.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.