Took unwanted 72 after having unprotected sex. What could be causing delayed periods?

Dear Sir,
I had sex with my girlfriend on 21.10.2013. We have taken protection for the first time but din not taken protection for the second time. And due to afraid of that she took unwanted 72 in the 60th hour. Her last period was on 28.09.2013 and as it takes 28 days for the next period but she dont have till now.
So please guide me in this regard...Is there any threat to her or everything allright????

I want your valuable suggestion in this regard sir. Please kindly help me..
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hormonal imbalance

Detailed Answer:

The unwanted 72 that she has taken will cause a delay in the period.

There was no need to take it since it was just a few days before the expected period. However, now that has taken it around ?23/24th, she will bleed within 7-10 days.

Using multiple pills is contraindicated. Dont worry yet. Wait for another week for her period.

I hope this helps, please write back if you have any additional questions.