Took treatment for oral chlamydia. Noticed recurrence of white spots. Was the strain resistant to antibiotics?

I was recently treated for oral chlamydia with 7 days of 500mg levofloxacin. I completed my treatment 3 days ago. I have no more symptoms, and the CDC says that I am no longer contagious and am cured, but I asked a friend to look in the back of my throat to see if he saw anything. When he looked, he saw white spots and pus in the back of my throat, indicating a recurrence of the infection (I doubt it is re-exposure, because I have been abstinent since my first symptoms occurred). I went to my doctor, and he said "Well, you are probably cured, I wouldn't worry about it. See me next week if it gets worse". Is it possible that the strain I had was resistant to antibiotics? Is it possible I wasn't cured? Should I get a second opinion? Or is my doctor right that sometimes pus and infectious spots can occur even after an infection is totally cleared?
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Guru 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Two things are possible here. Either the friend of yours may have mistaken presence of mucus in the throat with some spots with pus (since he is not a Physician). Or there is possibility of infection with some other organism again like strep (which is quite common). I think there is no harm in getting a second opinion and is the best option for you to reassured. I personally believe that you might have cured since Levofloxacin is a good antibiotic, very effective against chlamydia. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!