Took the morning after pill twice in one week. Have on and off bleeding. Is this normal?

Mar 2016

Hello i took the morning after pill twice in one week and now i'm bleeding on and off like a period is this normal?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Yes, irregular withdrawal bleeding or spotting may occur due to consumption of morning after pill repeatedly. This type of bleeding will stop by own in most case and next cycle becomes late or irregular due to hormonal imbalance. If you took those within first 24 hrs of unprotected sex, then you will give more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy. In addition, you must undergo one home pregnancy test 2 weeks after last sexual incident or one week after missed period to be sure. Till then, maintain your genital hygiene properly. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need any clarification. Wish your good health. Practice safe sex and use regular contraceptive. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW