Took the morning after pill twice in one week. Have on and off bleeding. Is this normal?
User rating for this question
Hello i took the morning after pill twice in one week and now i'm bleeding on and off like a period is this normal?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Yes, irregular withdrawal bleeding or spotting may occur due to consumption of morning after pill repeatedly. This type of bleeding will stop by own in most case and next cycle becomes late or irregular due to hormonal imbalance. If you took those within first 24 hrs of unprotected sex, then you will give more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy. In addition, you must undergo one home pregnancy test 2 weeks after last sexual incident or one week after missed period to be sure. Till then, maintain your genital hygiene properly. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need any clarification. Wish your good health. Practice safe sex and use regular contraceptive. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
People also viewed
- Taken morning after pill heavy bleeding normal
- Varemoid can affect birth control pills
- Rat bite can be affected in pregnancy
- Free floating fluid in pelvis
- Does chewing gum affect blood pressure
- Taken morning after pills continuous bleeding is it normal
- Smoking cigarettes affect on thyroid blood tests
- Morning after pill twice a week
- Swallowed a pubic hair what happens
- When to take femilon tablet
- Does smoking weed affect bladder
- Reduce the size of montgomery glands.
- Took morning after pill had periods for 3 weeks normal
- Montgomery glands a sign of menopause
- Morning after pill bleeding