Took telmisartan for hypertension. Have heaviness in head. What could be the cause?

slight heaviness in head i have recently changed my medicine of hypertension that is telmisartan.Is because change in weather since winter have set in India.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Weather change may be related... Detailed Answer: Hi, Weather change may be related especially if you have associated nasal congestion, blocked nose and upper respiratory symptoms. Cold and congestion can fill up/block sinus cavities leading to heaviness. It resolves with steam inhalation and mild pain killer drug. If you have no associated upper respiratory complaints, you should also look into other causes for heavy head. Though telmisartan is a good antihypertensive drug, as you recently changed to this drug, please get your blood pressure checked. Few individuals with high or even low blood pressure can have a heavy head. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: Took telmisartan for hypertension. Have heaviness in head. What could be the cause? 3 hours later
i am feeling little what like tired and body ace, specially the shoulders ,neck .and slight heavyness of head .No respiratory problem and now I have taken combiflame. Any advise.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Infection is a possibility... Detailed Answer: Hi, If the symptoms are acute/recent in onset, all the body aches + heaviness of headache may be symptoms of an infection. If you also are feeling drowsy and febrile, you should be taking more rest and drinking lots of fluid along with medications. Combiflam is good if you are going to use it only for short duration say 2-3 days. Paracetamol is a safe drug for mild to moderate pain for longer duration treatment. You can take it round the clock (every 6-8 hours) for few days and see if it helps. Plan to visit the doctor when symptoms persist for more than weeks. Hope this helps. I will be glad to help you further if needed. Regards