Took sythroid and having hyperthyroid symptoms. Started armour. Will this cause liver damage?

Hi, I was having symptoms of hypothyroidism for a long while (fatigue, losing hair, difficulty conceiving) then in mid october 2012 I was put on 25 mcg Sythroid once daily. By Dec 2012 I had increased energy new hair growth and other hypothyroid symptoms had receded. I kept taking it, then in the beginning of January 2013 I started getting hyperthyroid symptoms -(zero appetite, insomnia, extreme anxiety, heart racing, etc) I had lost about 7-8 lbs on the synthroid at this point (started at 140 lb) On January 10th I was switched off the synthroid to 15 mg of Armour daily. This seemed alright for a little while, I got some appetite back and continued to have some energy then about February 5th I started getting hyperthyroid symptoms again with absolutely no appetite especially turned of by any fatty foods. I Stopped the armour on Feb 7th. Three days after stopping I had a crushing type pain on my upper right chest and in right shoulder also going into jaw at times. Also I have had a dull aching pain on my right side just underneath my ribcage since Feb 10th that doe not go away. Later I got some pain in my upper right arm above the elbow which has been coming and going since then (the arm went a litttle bit numb on one occasion).. I still have been having pain under my armpit and in my upper right chest off and on and in my arm My appetite is coming back somewhat but slowly. I lost 7 more pounds while on the Armour (now down to 125).
With the information I have given, do you think the medicine could have done some damage to my liver (or gall bladder or other organ)? My appetite has not fully returned and I have been off Armour for 9 days - could this be due to the Armour that is still left in my system? Also I originally thought the side pain could be intestinal due to some gassiness as well- passing some gas seemsed to relieve the side pain somewhat - could this at all be consistent with having a liver problem? Any other thoughts on this?

Also, I had a reaction to aldomet in the past where it gave me a very low pulse (in the 50's and the shakes).
I was also on progesterone in December because I was trying to conceive.
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
welcome to Healthcare magic.
Your fluctuating thyroid functions may be the cause of all the troubles. The current symptoms as well as difficulty in conceiving.
The dysthyroid state can cause gall stones to result in right sided pain under ribs and the belly.
It is recommended that you should undergo an ultrasound of the abdomen and a revision of Thyroid functions.
Thyroid medicines are not a likely cause for the problems.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.