Took super testosterone booster, testicle hurt. What can be done for pain?

Infertility Specialist
i tooksuper testosterone booster by the 3rd day may testicle hurt, can i do any thing for the pain
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for asking query.

I guess you are probably taking testesterone injections due to deficiency of hormone Testesterone.The causes of low testosterone can be genetic or related to diet, medication, obesity, underlying health conditions, advancing age, and lifestyle habits. I would like to know the cause for which you took these injections as these are XXXXXXX medications which are not to be taken without medical supervision.

If you are using them from non medical purpose like bodybuilding administration of external testosterone can disturb the body's own metabolism for natural secretion of this hormone. Eventually, hormonal therapy becomes a necessity to restore normal bodily processes.

Apart from various other side effects, some men can have prostate enlargement and painful symptoms in the scrotum. Perhaps you might be experiencing the same. Inflammation of testis may also be associated with infective conditions. A physical examination by your doctor and some relevant test such as urine analysis, ultrasound examination may be needed to narrow down the cause.

In the mean time you may try some pain killer like advil twice a day. Drink plenty of water, proper rest and avoiding strenuous physical exercise might help. Discuss with your prescribing doctor about the above possibilities.

Please understand the implications of testesterone injections before taking next time.

I hope I answered your query. I am available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol