Took sunshine drug. Is it possible that a hair follicle test could detect the drug?

Two weeks ago I was drugged with a drug called sunshine. I reported it too late and the blood and urine samples can't detect the drug. Is it possible that a hair follicle test could still detect the drug? I do not do illegal drugs.
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

'Sunshine' is a drug called Mephedrone, which is a stimulant drug, belonging to the amphetamine class.

Like you have mentioned, 2 weeks is too late to detect the drug in urine or blood samples (since amphetamines get excreted quickly), but hair testing can usually detect drugs upto several weeks. So, it is very likely that a hair follicle testing will still be able to detect the drug.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Pychiatrist