Took strong doses of gynera after unprotected sex. Getting fever and shivering. Normal?

Took two strong doses of Gynera 12 hours after having had unprotected sex. Took four pills, then twelve hours later, another four. Am feeling very sick. Threw up. Body very feverish but also shivering. Just feeling very sick. Is this normal? What can i do?? Please help.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms that you are having are due to the high doses of hormones that you have taken. Since you have already taken the tablets, there is no way to remove these hormones from your body. The symptoms will gradually settle over next 2-3 days.
Till then it is best to take rest and plenty of fluids orally.
You can also have a spotting and withdrawal bleeding after 1-2 days.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Took strong doses of gynera after unprotected sex. Getting fever and shivering. Normal? 8 hours later
Thanks Dr. Tayal.

I am feeling far better than I did a few hours ago. However, I do still have a high fever. Would it be okay to take a panadol / aspirin for the fever, or is it not recommended? I am also taking a seven hour flight later tonight, and would like to be in better health for it.

For fluids, I am drinking water, as well as a cup of hot water with honey.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
You can take acetaminophen or aspirin for the fever. Cold sponging will also help to bring down the body temperature.
You will soon feel better and fit for travel.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.