Took steroids for allergy. Facing irregular period problem. What could be causing this?

May 2013
I am 29 years of age. the problem I am facing is of irregularity in my monthly periods since last 3 months. In january it was delayed as i took steroids for allergy. In feb it was on time and again in March its 15 days late and there is no period. i had never suffered this problem earlier. For last 2-3 months there has been no change in my routine, no change in my body weight, no stress as such, no change of place,there is no pregnancy, in broad words no apparent change which can lead to delay. I am getting impatient, please help.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 minutes later
Some amount of irregularity in periods can be seen due to many causes.
As you excluded most of them, you better consult gynecologist once and get examined. You may need one ultrasound also.
If no abnormality detected in physical examination and ultrasound, you may need hormonal profile including thyroid profile and prolactin levels.
With this workup possibly the cause for your delayed periods can be identified and treated.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.