Took shots of vitcofol for low haemoglobin level. Now feeling better. Should I continue this vaccination?

I was prescribed 5 shots of vitcofol (2 ml each time) on alternate days for low hemoglobin % (10.6%). I was prescribed shots because i was irregular in taking tablets. Now, I'm done with the shots. And I'm feeling a lot better with the shots. Can I continue taking it?
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 18 minutes later

Inj.Vitcofol is prescribed when along with Iron deficiency; B12 deficiency is also suspected or found.

Normally in case of iron deficiency 5 injections are enough.

At the same time you need to take iron tablets for about 3 months, to prevent this from happening again. Along with this please take diet XXXXXXX in iron like green leafy vegetable, milk and milk products etc.

If you do not complete the course your hemoglobin will fall again.

As of today, if your B 12 level is normal, you do not need to take further injections.

I hope this helps.