Took septra for sinus infection. Feeling tired, sore throat and runny nose. Blood work was normal. Advice

Hello, I had a cold for 5 weeks. I went through 10days of Septra antibiotics and that healed my sinus infection. Since then I am always very tired even though I am sleeping well at night.I feel like I am always running on empty. I also still ocassionally have a sore throat and runny nose. I had blood work done (CBC, CA123, hormones, thyroid) everything came out fine. Any suggestions what else I should look out for?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: hydration,electrolytes,exercise,sleep,montelukast Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. Since CBC and thyroid profile are normal, with this condition now you need to hydrate yourself well with electrolytes (can use electrol/ORS powder), have nutritious food and regular outdoor activities. These will help to replenish the electrolyte imbalance and hydration which is the common cause for weakness after any illness. Regular sound sleep and exercise will help in maintaining the neurotransmitter levels and will help you for well being and to maintain the normal rhythm of body. Since you are allergic to ragweed and repeated sore throat and running nose, you can try montelukast 10mg with your doctor's advice as this will reduce the inflammation due to allergy and also prevent further allergic episode. Do regular salt water gargle and steam inhalation before going to bed. These will help you. No need to get done any investigation for now as you don't have any other symptoms and weakness post infection is common post antibiotic therapy for any illness. If you are feeling very uneasiness then get done serum electrolytes once After 3-5 days with the above measures if the symptoms continues then you should get general physical examination by you doctor and get investigations based on the examination. Hope this information answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards