Took rabipur shot for scratch from dog and wound under foot. Should I be worried?

Hi Doctor, My query is a bit messy. The point is right now I am in rabipur course as a very little scratch from a stray dog. I have finished 0,3,7,14. Waiting for 28th. Now on 21st day I was working on a floor in bare foot where cat saliva was there on the floor. I have a small wound under my feet. I do not know whether I touched them or not. But out of my panic I had taken a rabipur shot on 21st. Now I am confused shall I continue it and take another shot on 24th or go as usual and take 28th one or both. And one more thing today that means on 22nd day again I was working in a room bare foot where cats were walking. And I had only that dried wound under my feet. Now my tension is again presence of cat means presense of saliva on the floor, now in that case shall I take again a shot on 22nd day also? Probably I am panicing excessively. But in any case I need your help. In 2011 April I had five shots of rabipur also due to a small scratch. Regards XXXX
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: complete rabipur schedule and take tetanus inj Detailed Answer: Hi Indranil, Welcome to healthcare Magic! You do not need take any extra dose of rabipur for the cat saliva and foot wound exposure imbroglio. Just complete the scheduled doses in time. I hope you have taken tetanus injection after dog scratch, if not then please take one now. The same rabipur will cover both exposures. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
Follow-up: Took rabipur shot for scratch from dog and wound under foot. Should I be worried? 9 minutes later
Hi Doctor, Thank You for your kind reply. Yes I have taken the tetanus. You tole me to complete my schedule. But according to which expose I will complete the course? My 21st days cat saliva expose or the older one of which I need to take the 28th days that is fifth shot? If so then I am taking 0,3,7,14,21 and 28th. I think that will not be any overdose. Anyway thank you again for your kind reply. Regards
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 23 hours later
Brief Answer: You do not need any further immunization for this Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome back to health care magic. I meant you should complete the immunization regimen that you started after the dog bite. Truly speaking you didn't need the full immunization for rabies this time. The WHO recommendation for people already immunized for rabies is to repeat 2 additional injections 3 days apart, that completes the immunization. There is no need for standard regimen to be repeated but you have already taken full immunization in 2011 but because you have almost completed the current schedule so you can take the remaining injection or you can discontinue it all together, It will cover the exposure of cat's exposure episode also. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.